Sunday, July 20, 2014

The Best Personal Care Products In Our Home 2014

Many years ago I did a lot of reading and research and made many changes to what I ate. Eliminating chemicals, preservatives and other additives from what we eat can have a great impact on our overall health and well being. In recent years there has been plenty of talk regarding the safety of our personal care products including makeup, hair dye, skin care items and more. Slowly but surely I've tried new products that are more natural and less harmful. Here's a look at some of the best personal care products that we have in our home this year.

The Savannah Bee Company

The Savannah Bee Company doesn't just produce honey for consumption but they also make great personal care products that are safe and natural. They have shampoo, conditioner, body soap, lotions and much more. The best part is they don't contain any super harsh chemicals or ingredients and they smell positively awesome. I have a jar of the Royal Jelly Body Butter that we keep in our medicine cabinet and use it for dry hands, chapped lips and much more. It has a very warm smell and it's a very rich lotion that works great.

ZENMED

There are a lot of skincare regimens on the market that aim to reduce wrinkles, fine lines, acne, discoloration and more. Unfortunately skincare items are usually very unsafe and contain a lot of harsh chemicals. I came across ZENMED and their Acne Therapy For Combination Skin line. My skin for the most part is usually pretty healthy but there's always those times when my skin can get a bit oily or break out and sometimes it's dry during the winter months. I also noticed this winter that I wasn't thrilled with the texture of my skin. It seemed a bit dry and rough. I absolutely love this ZENMED line. There is a cleansing gel you use to wash your face. There is a day time lotion that you can wear under your makeup or without makeup. My absolute favorite product in the line is the AHA/BHA Complex which is basically a toner that you spray on a cotton ball and swipe over your skin. In general I found this is a totally multipurpose product. It clears up the skin but also improves the general quality of your skin as well.

DHC

Some of DHC's products are pretty basic and natural which is why I like them. Their deep cleansing oil is very simple yet effective. They recently released some new makeup products that are really high quality and last all day. My favorite is their BB Mineral Powder. If there's one thing I hate about powders it's when you go to apply it and it seems like there's nothing there. I don't want my makeup to be noticeable but I want it to be effective and this product is. This mineral powder is a nice fine pressed powder that covers well but leaves you looking natural. You can top that with one of DHC's face color palette's. Two shades are included and you can use them as a blush. I also use the lighter color on my eyes for a natural look.

Au Naturale

This is a great company that makes non-toxic beauty products that are extremely high quality but lack fragrances, lead, parabens and more. Over 130 products are available as part of their line including powders, blushes, bronzers, eye colors, lip color and more. Organic oils are used in the production of their products that come from local farms and the company is run by two young women who provide their customers with outstanding products that leave you looking beautiful without you having to compromise your health.

Deep Steep

A great full line of pure and natural body products, Deep Steep comes in all kinds of natural but fantastic scents such as lavender & chamomile, honeydew & spearmint, rosemary & mint, brown sugar & vanilla and more. Their product line is huge and includes body mists, hand creams, hand soaps, bubble bath, body scrubs and much more. I like a good smelling hand soap for the bathrooms but I like to keep it natural so Deep Steep is great for this need.

No comments:

Post a Comment