Sunday, July 20, 2014

Staying Stylish And Safe This Summer

I love summer not because of the heat (Frankly, I hate the heat) but because you have the ability to be so much more fashionable in the summer. Where we live in New York I spend most of the year in long pants, boots and layers of sweaters, jackets, etc. As soon as the warm weather hits you'll find me in sandals, shorts and t-shirts. I started bathing suit shopping months ago in hopes that maybe we would have a freakishly early summer and I would somehow be swimming in New York in March. This never happened by the way.

I work from home as a writer (Yes, this blogging gig is just for giggles) and when it gets warm out I often like to take the laptop outside on the patio to do my work. I also like to read outside, garden and so on. This requires some good eyewear to protect my eyes from the sun and to keep me from having to squint for hours. Proof Eyewear makes some really great sunglasses that you can wear just about anywhere this summer. You can wear them by the pool, to a wedding or on a family outing. Here's the best part about Proof: Their eyewear (They make prescription frames too) is totally handmade and made from wood. Yes! Sustainable eyewear! I love the Turqouise Polarized Lenses. These sunglasses and other eyewear products are super cute, super fashionable and super functional.

We bought a pool this year and my little man is going to learn how to swim. There is nothing cuter in my opinion that an adorable 6 year old in coordinating swim trunks and a swim shirt. Not only do kids in swimwear look adorable but swimwear is functional as well. Trunks with a built in liner is comfortable and safe for little boys and a swim shirt is great because it protects the sensitive skin on the shoulders, back and chest from getting burnt by the sun. Swim Zip makes really cute swimwear from both boys and girls that is highly functional. Their shirts zip up the front which is really convenient. If you have ever tried to get a wet swim shirt on or off a child you know how crazy easy it would be to just zip one on. Their products are chlorine resistant and they have working waistbands. This is a huge plus on this mom's end. My son has a teeny waist and those fake waistbands do nothing for us over here. I end up having to sew or adjust all his pants.

This summer make sure you stay fashionable and comfortable by looking around for great products that make your summer successful. Of course, it is always important to find products that will protect your skin and eyes from the sun which can be pretty harmful. If you wear the right products you can focus on the more important things, like having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment