Sunday, July 20, 2014

Lazy Lizards Yoga Mat Review

Every Sunday I head to yoga class and a number of times my son has begged me to take him along. Unfortunately I don’t know that the other people in the class would appreciate my giggling four year old who finds extreme humor in downward facing dog. He also meows and moos for cat / cow pose and something tells me this might be distracting to others. Anyhow, I came across a local yoga class that a mom can take with their child and we signed up. It turned out to be an awesome activity to do together and now my son loves to do yoga at home with me. He had the privilege to try out a Lazy Lizards Yoga mat of his very own and he loves it!

Lazy Lizards Yoga has an eco-friendly mat that they sell which comes with kid friendly yoga poses posted right on the mat. Along with that you can purchase the Lazy Lizards Yoga DVD to allow your child to practice this energizing, centering and focused activity. My son is total high energy 24/7 but I was amazed at how focused he can be when doing yoga and the effect carries on through the evening. I also love that we’re able to do something together that is something I am very passionate about. I love that he shares that passion at such a young age and I was thrilled that he got his very own mat to practice with until he’s a grow up master yogi and needs a big mat of his own!

What’s great about kids doing yoga is that they are born with all of their flexibility. As we grow we lose it so starting out young ensures they will be able to move freely and easily as they grow older. Yoga comes naturally to a child and it’s a great way for them to learn about themselves and develop spiritually.

The great thing about the mat is that the poses they feature are very common poses but they illustrate them with animals and give the great names. My son absolutely refused to do corpse pose at first. I think it was just too still for him and he didn’t quite get the concept. After seeing it labeled as the ‘Lazy Lizard’ he was thrilled to do it and didn’t budge.



The mats are high quality and they come in some great colors. I can’t say enough about these mats and think they’re a wonderful idea for all the little yogis of the world.

For more information or to purchase a Lazy Lizards mat you can visit http://www.lazylizardsyoga.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment