Sunday, July 20, 2014

Products for the Moms, the Wives and the Women in Life

I like to head to the spa / salon for a day of pampering but for the most part that occurs maybe twice a year if I'm lucky. I'm usually stuck trying to color my hair, paint my nails and do my makeup on my own at home with two spare minutes that I can find here and there. When it comes to makeup I usually keep my look pretty simple unless I am going out to an event of some sort. I like a basic concealer, liquid make up and powder for everyday wear. Cat McNabb cosmetics are fantastic. I love the concealer stick. It's a super heavy product when you take some out of the tube but when you put it on it is actually a very lightweight product that covers amazingly well. A tiny dab covers any imperfections in your complexion and makes quick work of under eye circles. The powders and eye shadows cover really well and stay on all day. I was super impressed with these products when I received them and I have tried a lot of different make up brands in my day.

I am the only person in the house that does the laundry. It's not a glamorous job but somebody has to do it. Along with the laundry comes stain removal and all that glorious work. Laundry detergent is something we go through a lot of and it is a huge expense. I have made it myself in the past but that tends to be a pain in the butt and I am never thrilled with how the clothes turn out with homemade detergent. Also, we always use unscented detergent that is hypoallergenic and non-toxic. Eco Nuts is a great organic laundry soap that works really well. It's super concentrated so you literally need a tiny capful to do your wash with. You can get it in powder as well as liquid form. I like the liquid because it's just easier in my opinion. One tiny bottle does a large amount of wash and it doesn't take up half my laundry room shelf. Contrary to the name of this product, Eco Nuts is actually nut free so don't worry about that factor if you have nut allergies in your house. You can use this soap in regular washing machines as well as front loading machines.

I have been cleaning my house with natural-based products for quite a few years now. I made the complete switch when I had my son and was wiping down tons of surfaces that he was eating off of, chewing on, etc. I tend to use something vegetable based that does a good job. Freshana makes a great line of products for the home that is non-toxic and totally safe to use. Best part is that all the products are unscented which I adore in a product line. I like Freshana's all purpose spray cleaner. I have been using this daily to wipe down countertops, tables and more. They also have a laundry stain cleaner you can spray directly onto your clothing, an unscented air freshener, laundry soap and much more. The products are all really effective.

I have always hated those power strips that we have behind our televisions, computers and such. Sure they are useful because we can plug in more than two items at a time but really, they are gawky and unattractive. Invisiplug makes these power strips but they come in wood grain-like finishes that make them blend right into your flooring. When you take a quick peek behind your furniture or what not, you won't see a big gray or black strip which I love. I like to keep things neat and cords can be such an eye sore and such a mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment