Sunday, July 20, 2014

Beating the Heat This Summer with Cooling Products

I have a nervous system condition that makes me very sensitive to extreme temperatures. I don't do well in the heart of the winter and the scorching heat in the summer wipes me out. I am always on the lookout for ways to keep cool in the summer so I can spend some time outdoors on the bearable days. I know a number of people who are in the same boat as I am when it comes to the heat because of their health and they love new and exciting products that promote bodily cooling just as much as I do.

Products such as cooling vests and cooling towels are used by many people who have trouble tolerating the heat. These products are designed to bring down the surface temperature of your skin as well as bring down your internal core temperature. This results in you feeling much more comfortable and you will be able to tolerate being outside in the heat for a longer period of time. You won't immediately overheat within just a couple of minutes.

I tried a cooling towel this summer for the first time. The product I used came from O2 Cool. When you first receive this specific brand of cooling towel you are supposed to wash it once in your washing machine, let it air dry and keep it in it's storage container. When you want to use the towel you simply wet it, wring it out and place it wherever you would like. I find it works the best when I drape it around the back of my neck. It literally cools my entire body and prevents me from feeling overwhelmed by the heat. The towel feels damp and cool but it was touching my clothing and my clothing never became wet or showed any visible signs of being wet. I throw this product in my bag if I am going to the gym or on an outing with my family where we'll be outside for a bit. If I need it it's easily accessible.

Another great cooling product that a few companies have come out with are special water bottles that not only hold water for drinking but they also have a separate spout that you can use to spritz your body down. I love these types of water bottles. I am already someone who takes water with me wherever I go so I stay plenty hydrated. A product such as the Mist 'N Sip from O2 Cool, allows you to nicely spritz yourself with a fine mist of water from your bottle whenever you start to feel overheated. This specific water bottle is insulated so you can add some ice or pop it in the freezer for some added cooling action.

Keeping small fans on hand in your home or office is also great for keeping cool. Many stores carry small handheld products such as misting fans and little battery powered fans that you can hold in your hand and keep in your bag. Whether you are someone who has a health condition or you just want to stay cool to keep your body healthy this summer there are a number of cooling products on the market these days that can help you and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment