Sunday, July 20, 2014

Habitats for the Beginner Pet from Ware Manufacturing

In our home our pets are members of our family and are very important to us. We have three cats that are all around the 7 year mark and we love them dearly. My son has been around our cats since he was born and now that he's getting a bit older he has been asking for a pet of his own. I'm a big animal lover so it's unlike me to say no to a new addition. Frankly, I would adopt every homeless animal I see if my husband didn't restrain me. The question really was what type of animal should we get my son. A dog was out of the question for now because let's be honest, it would be me getting a dog and it would be my responsibility. I also wasn't sure about our cats meshing with a dog. I was looking for something simple that wouldn't need constant attention but would still be fun and furry. We decided on either a hamster (Fancy rat, mouse, something along those lines) or a guinea pig. We looked into cages and habitats for our future family member because we of course, wanted to get that all set up before we adopted anybody. We did a lot of searching in stores and online trying to figure out what the best habitat would be. We settled on a Ware Manufacturing cage.

The WARE Spin City Health Club Small Animal Cage is what we chose for a hamster cage. This cage is so fun and I loved it as soon as we had it put together. The bottom level is a standard rectangular cage base. There is a spiral slide that connects the bottom to the top tier which has a built in exercise ball that actually has a counter on it. Your child (And you as well) will have a blast keeping track of how many laps your furry friend is doing per day. There is even a teeter totter on the upper level. You can easily open the top of the activity center to pick up or play with your pet and there is the traditional front door to the cage for access to feeding and changing the water bottle. I loved the quality of the cage. I've seen a number of cages in stores that are very poorly made and don't have great closure systems. I didn't want to worry about a furry friend escaping their cage on their own.

If you want to expand the WARE Spin City Health Club Small Animal Cage you can separately purchase a cage expander that will add a middle level to this cage, making it three tiers. When we added this on the cage really turned into an awesome living space! You can also buy all kinds of tunnels and tubes to keep your pet happy and busy.

Because of the age of my son we decided to also look into guinea pig cages. I was very concerned with my little man opening a hamster cage and someone getting out. Especially with three cats we opted to put this one off until out son's a wee bit older.We went back to WARE's products since we thought the hamster cage was so neat. The Animal House cage for small animals turned out to be exactly what we were looking for. Not only did it have a nice big base to it but the design was nice. The top of the cage was a roof-peak design with a skylight opening that can be used to pick up your guinea pig. Also, the inside of the cage has a set of stairs that takes your guinea pig up to a small loft where they have a chair-shaped food dish that prevents spillage. The cage locks in place nicely, it has a nice deep base that prevents a lot of bedding from being kicked up and there's still plenty of room for a house or toys. The only thing we really had to buy for this cage was a water bottle and house. The food dish was included and ultimately you didn't have to get the house if you didn't want to. The loft platform gives a nice place to hide and we find our new addition likes to hide under there just as much.

So now it's obvious if you're reading that we went ahead and let my son pick out a guinea pig of his very own. He chose a tan and white albino that had been alone in a very small cage at the pet store for quite some time (Yes, I was dragged there pretty often to scope out the available animals). This little guy is about 4 - 5 months and he is very sweet. "Hug" as my son calls him, has been spending his days checking out his new Animal House cage and I'm getting the feeling he likes his new upgraded habitat.

I must say that with any future pets we have, or if we need to replace any of the products we do have I would absolutely consider Ware for any of our animal needs. I was really impressed by the affordability and quality of the products. They also have a ton of different toys, chews, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment