Sunday, July 20, 2014

Great Products For Yourself And Your Family

Kiss My Face

Its been a few years now that there have been bad reports surrounding certain sunscreens and the chemicals used in them. I've always purchased more natural sunscreens for my son and husband (I don't tan or burn easily so I usually just limit my own sun exposure) but each year I'm on the lookout for an even better product than I used the year before. This year's product of choice in our household is going to be Kiss My Face's new sun care products that were released in 2014. Their products are not only effective but they are very safe. They block harmful UV rays by using vitamin C, vitamin E, Green Tea, Goji Berry, Olive Oil and more. The Bear Naked SPF 30 mist, the Cool Sport SPF 50 spray and all the other products in the line are highly hydrating so you can apply the sun protection liberally and you won't dry out your skin. My son tends to get pretty dry skin especially if he's gotten some sun or has been swimming so these products are great. They also are waterproof for a set amount of time (depending on the product).

Moby Wrap

I no longer have a baby in the house but I was a big fan of baby carriers and wearing my son around the house and to the grocery store. Moby Wrap makes some of the most popular baby slings on the market today and with good reason. You can pick from a ton of different colored fabrics, including organic cotton. I would personally stick with lighter colors if you're having a baby in the summer months and choose whatever you would like for winter. You can wear the Moby Wrap custom-fitted to your own body which is nice because it will fit you no matter what your size or shape. When you wear it correctly it's a very safe and comfortable method of wearing your baby. You can also change the way you use the Moby Wrap depending on the age of your child.

Build A Bear

Most of you will know of a Build A Bear location in your area. This is a store where your child will be walked through the process of creating their own bear using stuffing, love and much more. Each child can pick the bear of their choice and go from there. They get to name the bear and they can choose an outfit for him or her. When Build A Bear first opened they had a limited selection of bears. Now you can choose from all kinds of themes. My son loves his Spiderman Bear and Captain America Bear. He sleeps with them nightly and insists on taking them to school for rest time. They're really cute and a great quality.

Rowdy Sprout

I'm always on the lookout for unique and different clothing for my son. Everywhere you go you can find great clothing for little girls but the boy's selection is always very limited. Rowdy Sprout makes great clothes for babies, girls and boys. My son has their Beatles' Let It Be T-shirt and we both love it. The fabric is super soft, durable and washes awesome. The design is super unique and looks great. I like the little bit of 'coolness' that Rowdy Sprout gives to a child's wardrobe. There's a ton of great options to choose from and for a reasonable price.

Combi USA

I'm always amazed at how baby products have changed since we had our son. He's only six now but when I wander through one of our local baby stores or am looking around online I'm shocked at what I see. Combi USA makes some great products like walkers that double as a jumperoo / activity center. This wasn't around when I was baby-product shopping but I wish it had been. We opted for a walker at the time because we had hardwood flooring in our entire upstairs and it seemed like a better option than a jumper of some sort. For a product to be both items in one is a fantastic idea and I love this product. I've actually put it away and am saving it in case we welcome any other little ones into the family some day because I love the Combi Adventure Mobile Entertainer so much.

Boppy

A Boppy was one product we used a ton when we had our son and they've expanded their product line quite a bit since then. They still carry their fantastic nursing pillows with removable covers but they also have newborn pillows and baby chairs as well. I like the Newborn Lounger because I know we used out Boppy pretty frequently as a lounger of sorts when we sat with our son on the couch and whatnot. It provided not only support while feeding but also support when trying to sit and keep our son comfy. Now the Newborn Lounger provides a safer way to let your infant lounge. Once your baby can turn over itself you'll want to do away with this product however.

Strider Bike

A Strider Balance Bike works better than a tricycle because it teaches your child how to balance properly. This sets your child up for their first bike much better than a trike will. Also, the Strider Bike can be used from quite small up until the point your child is ready to try a regular bike with pedals. You can choose from a variety of colors and there are two different versions available- even a balance bike that works with children from ages 6 until 12. You can allow your child to set the pace of bike riding and let them progress and learn on their own. There's no need to hold your child up on the Strider Bike, they will naturally learn how to keep it from tipping on their own.

The Bumble Collection

I actually just gave away The Bumble Collection diaper bag I used when I had my son. I used this for quite some time and it was great when we were going on a day trip or outing. The Bumble Collection has since expanded their product line and provide great diaper bags, accessories and now playmates for on the go use. Their Royal Ruby Montage Playmat is a great product that folds up, has a handle and can be taken on the go. You can open it up and lay your baby on the padded mat, allowing them plenty of room to move around and be comfy.

Mix My Own

I have a love of granola and I've tried to pass that on to my son seeing as how it's a great snack that is super healthy and keeps you full for a long time. It packs tons of vitamins and nutrients in it and it's great for breakfast or for a snack. My son loves to keep a granola bar in his backpack for a snack and we take them on the go quite a bit. I've been trying to get him into more loose granola and Mix My Own is a great way to do so. You can go on their website and basically create your own granola mix including whatever you want. You pick your base and them can add dried fruit, nuts, spices and much more. Their product comes in a sealed bag and remains fresh for at least 3 months if unopened. You can pick from a small bag to try out your flavor or order a nice big bag. I also like that they have a lot of gluten free ingredients including their oat base. My son doesn't have to eat gluten free but I do most of the time so it's nice to have that option.

No comments:

Post a Comment