Sunday, July 20, 2014

Keeping the House Clean with Natural Products and a Good Schedule

It seems that ever since my husband and I owned a house of our own I struggled with keeping things clean; Especially now that we have a new house that is much larger than our first house. Plus, I live with a six year old little boy, my husband, three cats and a guinea pig. There's always something that needs to be cleaned. I've developed a good routine that if I stick to, I can maintain clean house for the most part.

Daily Cleaning

It used to take a lot of my energy to clean the house from top to bottom once per week. The job got done but I was exhausted the entire next day. I found that cleaning a couple of rooms each day saves me a lot of energy. Even if it's as simple as wiping down the kitchen countertops or cleaning up the bathroom, the house tends to look nice longer and it's easy to keep things clean. To make things even easier I like to keep a cleaning product or two in each bathroom so I can do a quick cleaning of something without have to trek back to the laundry room or kitchen to grab a product. Better Life makes some great products that work in every room of the house and the best part is that they are all natural. One of my favorite products from Better Life is the Natural Cleansing Scrubber. It works on my glass stove top, my stainless steel sink and you can even use it on the shower, toilets and more.

Weekly Cleaning

While I have incorporated more cleaning into my daily routine there are some things I clean once a week to finish off the house and make everything look nice. I wash the floors in the house once per week. I gave up getting on my hands and knees every week and washing that way so now I have a host of gadgets I like to use like a steam mop, spray mop and more. I have a number of different types of flooring throughout our house so I like to find one product that will work throughout. J.R. Watkins makes some great products that work throughout the home. The best part about this brand is that they make everything from cleaning products to body products. What I like about J.R. Watkins cleaning products is their unique scents. I get bored with the same old natural citrus smell so I absolutely love J.R.'s All Purpose Spray that is bamboo and green tea scented. I use it on countertops, bathroom counters, floors and more. There are also great hand soaps, dish soaps and more from J.R. Watkins.

Yearly Cleaning

In addition to all the cleaning you do each day or each week there are other items that should be cleaned maybe once or twice a year. I usually wash curtains, wipe down blinds and clean baseboards once or twice per year. I also like to take a good scrubbing sponge or one of the great scrubbing products that Brillo has and I scrub all my stainless and cast iron pots and pans. At one time Brillo made a couple of steel wool scrubbing products but now there are so many great products to choose from that can help you clean things inside and outside. A stainless kitchen sink gets clean in under a minute with a standard Brillo pad and you can even head outside and scrub your grill down with the more heavy duty outdoor pads.

While I don't mind cleaning in general I don't like to do it constantly. I try to keep good products on hand to get the job done efficiently. I always opt for natural cleaning products and we actually don't have anything toxic on hand. Natural products made with essential oils clean just as good and they smell great too.

No comments:

Post a Comment