Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Sullivan Flat- Review

We're in the process of finishing part of our basement into another living room type space where we can spend family time together, watch movies, store some of the toys that are overcrowding our home and best of all, I get a special corner designed specifically to be my workout / yoga corner. While my wonderful husband works diligently to build the area I have let my creative juices flow and I'm planning the decor of the room and I came across the Etsy shop:  Sullivan Flat which has a ton of great modern furnishings that are made by hand.

When coming up with a decor theme for a room I like to look around for the little statues or pictures that inspire me and I go from there. I like the items to be things that represent us and things we like. In the Sullivan Flat shop, which began in a small NYC apartment, I found Buddha statues for my yoga corner as well as glazed and modern animal figurines that would be a great compliment to the living space of the room.



Sullivan Flat can be found at http://www.etsy.com/shop/sullivanflat . Prices are fair seeing as how the pieces are handmade and dedication is put into each one. Inspiration comes from the creator's grandparents who owned their own ceramics shop for over 60 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment