Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I truly love doing crafts with my four year old son. Not only does it give me a break from having to play with cars and monster trucks (ALL DAY LONG) but it's something my son likes to do, it encourages his creativity and I always get some beautiful art from it :) Kiwi Crate is a great service that sends a box to your doorstep each month with some really awesome crafts and activities in it. Whether for your own child or for a gift, Kiwi Crate is a really great product.

What I like most about the crates you receive is how creative the projects are. I like to think I come up with some fun acitivites for us to do but getting the supplies all prepared for us to just sit down and create together is so nice. We tried the stained glass craft which required my son to put different colored tissue paper and plastic onto a sticky sheet of contact paper. When he was done we put a back on it and it was in a frame. The Kiwi Crate we got had 3 of these in it so we were able to make some for the Grandma's as well!



We also received a small tote bag that utilized the extra tissue paper for decorating purposes. When the tissue paper was placed on the bag and some water from a dropper got dripped onto it, the color transferred to the bag. It's now a carrying back for some of my son's favorite stuffed animals who are required to come on all our outings with us. Now they have their own little home and don't come wandering over to my purse!

The quality of the materials Kiwi Crate provides are really great. I was impressed by how nice the items were as well as the finished products. The best part is that the items were so unique but they were also really useful. All the items in our crate focused on colors, mixing colors, etc.



Each month when you receive your Kiwi Crate you will find that there is some sort of theme. While ours was colors, one may be about gardening while another is about dinosaurs. Each month there is a whole new box of discoveries waiting for your child. It even kept my son busy for more than 5 minutes! Usually he does his painting or coloring and he's on his way. This time there was plenty to learn and I've found since doing the crafts he's asking a ton about how to make certain colors. It's great to see how inspired he became!

You can visit www.kiwicrate.com for more information. You can order a sample crate or you can sign up for the monthly subscription.

No comments:

Post a Comment