Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Oscillococcinum and Children's Chestal - Review

I am someone who is VERY sensitive to all medications. I seem to be that person who always suffers from the side effects that are listed on the side of the packaging and I always end up feeling worse whenever I take something. That being said, I've turned towards natural remedies for quite some time now as they seem to be effective for me and they show very few side effects.

One issue I previously hadn't found a natural remedy for is the flu or the common cold. Aside from taking my zinc drops and vitamin c, I never found anything that really shortened the illness or alleviated the symptoms. Nyquil is a godsend but only if I feel like dealing with the heart palpitations, panic attacks and night sweats. I received Oscillococcinum in the mail and immediately added it to my medicine cabinet for future illnesses (We have a four year old, there will be many more).



Oscillococcinum, made by Boiron, temporarily relieves symptoms associated with the flu such as fatigue, headache, body aches, chills and even fever. All without any modern man-made medicine. It works best when you take it at the first signs of an illness and it had been proven in clinical studies to shorten the duration and the severity of the illness. You simply open up the tube and dissolve the contents in your mouth. You can follow it with water to help wash it down.

The best thing about this product is that it can be used on adults as well as children 2 years of age and older. It's so gentle adults can use this product every 6 hours and up to 3 times each day. This is a very popular product and can be found on the shelves of most drug stores and health food stores including Walgreens, Rite Aid, CVS, Feel Rite and more.

Also sold by Boiron is Children's Chestal which is a product designed to help loosen mucus and thin bronchial secretions. I have a bottle of this on hand for my son. About once per year he gets a really bad upper respiratory infection and we battle the congested coughs for a number of days. Taking him into a steamy bathroom, giving him warm fluids and doing everything we can to break up the mucus never works. I never wanted to turn towards pharmaceutical products for him unless necessary since it ends up making his stomach hurt or feel worse so I'm curious to see how well this product works. It holds great reviews online.

For more information you can visit www.oscillo.com or www.childrenschestal.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment