Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Lice Guard - Product Review

We got the dreaded letter from school a couple of weeks ago that informed us there had been a few cases of lice in the school in recent days. Of course, I was horrified being the clean freak that I am. My son informed me his entire class was checked for lice and he was luckily in the clear. After I got over my initial freak out regarding the potential risk of bugs in my child's hair, I quickly started asking around and googling ways to prevent lice. I knew of some products and treatment options if the little bugs did happen to make their way into the house but I didn't know much about preventing them ahead of time, knowing they were in the school already. I came across some products from Lice Guard that not only treat lice but they also help prevent them.

I received three products to try out from Lice Guard. This includes:

Robi Comb
This is a comb designed to detect lice and destroy them using non toxic means. This comb also prevents lice and eggs. When you turn the comb on it will hum slightly. When it comes into contact with something, the humming will stop, alerting you.

Image result for liceguard

Elimination Kit
The elimination kit comes with a comb as well as a special shampoo you can use on your child if they are infected with lice. Thankfully we haven't needed this product but I plan to keep it on hand in case we're ever unfortunate enough to have an issue.

Repellent Spray
This spray can be sprayed onto your child's hair before they head to school if you know there are cases of lice in the classroom. No pesticides are included in the product, like with other lice treatments. One application in the morning hours before school will last all day long and can be reapplied the next day.

Image result for liceguard

Keep in mind that many products designed to treat and prevent lice are very toxic. They contain a lot of harmful and dangerous chemicals. Seeing as how we are a pretty organic and natural household, I wanted to make sure we had products on hand that were safe and non-toxic. All of these items from Lice Guard are just that.

You can find out more information by visiting www.liceguard.com. Many of these products can also be found at your local drug store or retail store. A couple of weeks have gone by and thankfully we never suspected lice on our son or in our home. For certain, I will keep these products from Lice Guard on hand for future use.

1 comment:

  1. Heya¡­my very first comment on your site. ,I have been reading your blog for a while and thought I would completely pop in and drop a friendly note. . It is great stuff indeed. I also wanted to ask..is there a way to subscribe to your site via email?

    Lice Guard Shampoo

    ReplyDelete