Thursday, October 15, 2015

Bellabeat Leaf- Product Review

I admit, it took me some time to jump on the bandwagon with all of the new technology that was out there. I prefer the simpler times so I resist things like tablets, smartphones, etc. A few months ago I decided to take the plunge though, and I now have a smartphone. Way behind everyone else, I know, but I have one. The apps are convenient and I have started using a few tools to make my life a little simpler. There are a number of products being created that can be used with your smartphone and computer, that allows you to track certain things like your activity levels, calories burned during workouts, heart rate, etc. Bellabeat recently released a product called Leaf and it can be used to monitor breathing, quality of sleep, menstrual cycles and much more. I received a Leaf from Bellabeat to try out and here is my experience with it thus far.

About Leaf
This is basically smart jewelry that can be worn and it will sync up with your phone to track a number of data items. A small, silver leaf is clipped onto your waistband, your shirt or it can be worn with the accessories provided as a necklace or bracelet. It's attractive which is nice, and very different from some of the other fitness accessories being sold right now.

The app is very easy to install and it is free. I installed the app and within about two minutes I had my Leaf synced to the app. All it took was two taps of the Leaf. From there you can enter in your birth date, weight, height, etc. and this will help tailor your experience with Leaf.



Breathing
Leaf will monitor your breathing for you and will alert you if you are breathing incorrectly. This is a great way to reduce your stress and ensure that your body is not reacting poorly to outside stresses. There are a number of breathing exercises on the Leaf app that you can use along with your smart jewelry.

Sleep
This is the only feature I wasn't thrilled with regarding the Leaf but if you have sleep concerns, I'm sure this isn't an issue for you. I didn't want to wear the product to bed at night, but that being said, you don't have to. I did enter my sleep hours into the app though.

Activity
You can use Leaf to monitor the amount of steps you take and the amount of physical activity that you are getting. If you want to stay active throughout the day, you can have Leaf set to vibrate when you have been inactive for a certain amount of time.

Menstrual Cycle
Log in your information regarding your period and you will be able to better understand your cycle. You will also receive a notification when you are approaching the date of your expected period. This can also help you with ovulation, etc.



You can also enjoy a wake up alarm, a medication reminder alarm and so much more. Basically, Bellabeat has designed the Leaf to provide you with as much or as little assistance as you want to feel better and become healthier. This is a great tool to embrace a healthier lifestyle and get to know your body better.

For more information on Bellabeat and their products, including the Leaf, you can visit www.bellabeat.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment