Tuesday, October 27, 2015

2015 Holiday Gift Giving Guide - Choose Your Own Adventure Books Product Review

My seven year old son is quite the reader and I love that about him. We are constantly looking for new books to spark his interest. I remembered the Choose Your Own Adventure Books from when I was a kid and I wanted to look into these books for the upcoming holiday season. I like to get my son toys and games and whatever else he likes for Christmas, but he always gets some books as well. I received a box set of books from Chooseco LLC, the maker of the Choose Your Own Adventure series. This box set includes the first four books of the series including:

The Abominable Snowman
Journey Under The Sea
Space and Beyond
The Lost Jewels of Nabooti

All are authored by R.A. Montgomery.

In the Choose Your Own Adventure books your child can read through the story, and as they go they get to pick the direction the book will take. This is done by flipping ahead to a certain page, based on the outcome the child chooses. This is a great way to encourage reading and it also helps spark creativity. Your child is, in essence, creating their own story.



I was amazed to see all of the titles that are now part of the Choose Your Own Adventure series. There are new releases as well. The best part is, these stories are great for both boys and girls. I see a lot of book series for the second grade and up age ranges. A lot of them are geared towards girls with stories of puppies, princesses and fairies. My son loves action and adventure so these books are going to be perfect for him.

You can find out more about the Choose Your Own Adventure series by visiting www.cyoa.com. These titles can be purchased online as well as in a variety of retail book stores. They are affordable and make perfect gifts this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment