Friday, October 16, 2015

2015 Holiday Gift Giving Guide - Canvas On Demand - Product Review

I love when I go to a friend's house and they have those adorable canvas photo prints hanging up. It's such a beautiful way to display family photos without having to have a frame hung up. These canvas prints work really well as part of a wall of canvas photos or they look great alone as one single print. I recently had the opportunity to receive two canvas prints from Canvas On Demand and I was so excited to try this service out!

Choosing Photos
I knew I was going to receive two canvas prints approximately 16 x 20 in size. I sat down at my computer one morning in the anticipation of choosing two photos that I would wanted printed on canvas. Forty-five minutes later I was stumped! We have so many beautiful family photos! I decided to settle on two of the images we had taken a couple of years ago by our professional photographer friend. We love the images and already have many of them throughout the home. I knew that the image quality was going to make for some wonderful prints. You can choose your everyday photos from your phone or camera though. My only recommendation would be is that you order a size that works well with the photo resolution you have. Canvas On Demand chose our sizes for us and they worked out perfectly.



The Order Process
After sending over our two images the process began. The website is really easy to use, though I worked directly by email with the company. You will be able to view your product and change your images as you see fit. You can order from a variety of sizes and you can choose the sides of your canvas. We have photo wrap but you can also get white or black on the sides if you would prefer not the extend the photo. I received an email when the product was in the process of being made and I received tracking information very quickly.

Shipment
The product arrived to my home in a very short amount of time after the initial process began. I was impressed with the shipment. Each canvas was wrapped and then framed in cardboard in a larger box. The products were very protected.



Cost
The total price for our order retails at about $235. This may sound expensive, but I can understand the price. You can order cheaper prints at chain retail stores but the quality isn't going to be anywhere near what I received as samples. These canvases are extremely thick and so clear. The photos actually look like they are painted on by hand. They're gorgeous. You can choose from a variety of quality canvases and sizes if you want to keep things more affordable.

Placement
We have a completely finished basement that has this long hallway in the middle of it that leads to various rooms like a gym area and a bonus family room / play room. The hallway, for the most part, is pretty simple and empty. We have a couple of cabinets down there and the floors are this gorgeous laminate but something was needed on the walls. I had a couple of frames hung up on the walls but I wanted to try these canvases out on the walls in the hallway and let them be the focal point. I absolutely love how they turned out. These products are exactly what we needed down there.



For more information on how you can purchase your own Canvas On Demand products you can visit their website at www.canvasondemand.com. The website often runs discount codes. For example, today there is a thirty-percent off code running for all purchases. These are great additions to your home and they would be wonderful Christmas gifts for family members as well.

Stay tuned for another canvas print review next week for CanvasPop prints!

No comments:

Post a Comment