Monday, October 27, 2014

Holiday Gift Giving Guide 2014: Studio E Fabrics and Timeless Treasures




My son is in love with everything related to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles this year. Most of his Christmas list revolves around this theme and he even asked me for a TMNT blanket. I have purchased my son blankets in the past relating to whatever current trend he is interested in but I find they always wear and wash poorly and I am never thrilled with them. I am somewhat crafty, depending on what project I am taking on, so I threw the idea out there for making a TMNT themed quilt. My son loved the idea so I got brainstorming. This creation was supposed to be for a Christmas gift but I was excited to give it to him so he got it a bit early.

My son is already 6 ½ so I wanted to stay away from making him a blanket that was pictures of the turtles or something that seemed a bit too childish. He is a big boy now so I wanted him to have an item that he could use and appreciate for many years. I decided to sew him an TMNT themed quilt. I was going to use the different colors of the turtles (red, orange, purple and blue) and then work those colors around different shades of green. Of course if you know the Turtles well like we do you know that there are two different shade palates for these colors. The classic colors go with the TV show while there are more modern, muted shades for the new movie that came out over the summer. I planned to include both.

I got in touch with some wonderful staff at Studio E Fabrics and Timeless Treasures. Both of these sites sell all kinds of fabrics in different styles, prints, colors and textures. Both of these fantastic companies sent over big stacks of fabric squares for my use. I am used to buying fabric at our local craft store but it is always really over priced and I am not always thrilled with my options. Ideally, shopping for fabric online allows for better pricing and better selection. Both of these sites / companies have fantastic products.

Timeless Treasures sells fabric that you will not be able to find anywhere else. Their prints and color selections are amazing. Also, I loved the quality of the fabric and I have washed the quilt a couple of times already and I like how it is going to hold up. You will find prints designed by actual high end designers and you can buy the fabric in any form that you want. For quilting I like to purchase the quarter squares or fat stacks. This way you get a lot of different fabric to work with while not being stuck with just a couple of different shades or patterns.

Studio E Fabrics also sells all kinds of patterns and colors. You can get great holiday themed fabric as well. I got some fantastic Christmas fabric from them and I am using that to make a fabric Advent calendar to hang around the holidays. You can shop by a number of different categories on the Studio E site and that includes newly release patterns, themes, etc. This is another company that really makes a wide selection of products at an affordable price.

For more information on Timeless Treasures or Studio E Fabrics you can visit their websites:

www.studioefabrics.com

Both of these companies have great fabric choices that you can utilize to create your own Christmas gifts this holiday season. You can also create items for your own home to help decorate and celebrate the holidays.


No comments:

Post a Comment