Thursday, March 15, 2012

Working While Working Out

I've done some reading that suggests multi-tasking isn't necessarily good for you. Apparently it causes you to become stressed easier, it clouds your thinking and you don't perform tasks as well as you would if you gave them your individualized attention. I'm a stay at home mom that works part time from home so if multi-tasking is bad for my soul then I guess I'm doomed. It's my goal daily to pack in as much as I can and certain things like spending time with my family are never allowed to be put on the back burner. That's why I find it necessary to multi-task for everything else: It leaves more time for fun, quality time.

Another activity I add to my daily to-do list is exercising. If I don't work out at least four to five times a week I'm just not myself so I work out religiously. Unfortunately there are days I simply just can't get to the gym either because the weather is bad, my son is sick and needs me home with him or I'm just too darn tired to make the trek. When a Fit Desk showed up at my doorstep I was positively in heaven with the concept and hoped that the bike would be everything it promised to be.

Fit Desk is an ultra compact exercise bike that comes with a comfortable desk that fits on the handlebar area of the bike. While you sit on the bike and pedal, you can use the desk to accomplish anything you want. In my case, you would never know that right now I'm getting my daily 45 minutes of exercise while I write this blog. You can fit a laptop on the desk area, you can play video games, read a novel or do paperwork.

The reason we never purchased an exercise bike before was that we didn't really have the room for one. The Fit Desk is extremely compact and can even be folded up and stored when not in use. In our house we fit the Fit Desk in the corner of our playroom and our son didn't even notice he was giving up some of his prime real estate. I was a little worried that the bike wouldn't be sturdy because of it's smaller size but I fit on it fine without wobbling all over and my husband doesn't have any issues as well. The price of the Fit Desk isn't too bad, retailing at about $229. This includes the bike, the desk portion and there's also a monitor to track the time, distance, etc.

For more information and to set out on your multi-tasking journey, you can visit www.fitdesk.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment