Friday, May 4, 2012

Jade Yoga Mat- Review



When I first started doing yoga I remember I picked up a $5 mat from Walmart and started using that in my practices. I figured why spend a ton of money on a mat? Is it really necessary? I used that mat for quite some time and it wasn't until I received a Jade yoga mat and took it to class with me that I realized what I had been missing out on!

For someone who practices basic yoga here and there a lower quality mat will probably suffice. For someone who has made yoga a part of their existence and practices regularly, it's beneficial to invest in a high quality yoga mat. The incredible grip it provides along with comfort makes practicing yoga a whole new experience. My Jade mat comes with me to every class and I'll be sad if it gets worn out some day. Luckily it's just as good as the day I got it.



A few different Jade mats are available and they mainly are sold according to how thick they are.

Harmony Professional
The most popular: The Harmony Professional is 3/16 thick. You can purchase them 68" or 74" in length. Custom lengths can also be created if need be. There's a ton of different colors available as well.

Jade Elite
This mat is 5mm in thickeness making it a little denser and firmer. The texture of the mat is a little smoother than the Harmony and this allows for a better flow for a more professional yogi. More strength and balance is needed to hold poses on this mat.

Travel Mat
This mat is only 1/8" thick and very lightweight. It works well for people who like to travel with their yoga mat. It also provides a better feel of the ground because of less padding.

Jade Fusion
This mat is 5/16" thick and really cushioned. It's a great mat for people who like to do yoga as well as pilates to strengthen the core.



The mat I have is the Harmony Professional. In my opinion it has just the right amount of padding (Anything more for me would seem like too much) and just the right amount of grip. After switching over to this mat I don't think I would use anything else in the future. It's the perfect mat for the class I take weekly. It's comfortable for the practice of yoga and it's padding makes it really comfortable for the end meditation portion. I could lie in Corpse Pose all day on this mat :) You can also buy blocks, towels and other accessories from Jade.

Jade yoga mats are eco friendly and made in the United States. They're made of natural rubber and contain no PVC's. You can visit  www.jadeyoga.com for more information or to order.

No comments:

Post a Comment